All programming at DRW College Prep is designed to align with the Noble pillars of: Scholarship, Discipline & Honor.
- 2,000 minutes of instructional time per week
- A rigorous core of English, literature, math, science and social studies for all students
- Summer college programs around the country for students going into their junior year
- Extracurricular academic enrichment courses after school and on weekends include: Drama Club and Student Council
To help build the discipline of students DRW College Prep offers:
- A variety of athletics
- Student-led Town Hall presentations, which can address community issues or showcase student work in a school wide assembly
- Rigorous physical education program which includes fitness requirements to pass to the next grade
To help further the extent to which our students honor the community DRW College Prep offers:
- A four year commitment to community service
- Community service requirements to pass to the next grade
- Town Halls in which the community is welcome
- Parent involvement during and after school
- Awareness of the local and greater community built into academic classes
Students at DRW College Prep will participate in advisory for the entire four years of enrollment. Students remain in their advisory, with the same advisor, until graduation (unless retained). Advisors are responsible for the following:
- College planning
- Regular communication with parents
- Parent-teacher conferences
- Academic planning and monitoring
- Career exploration and planning
- Records and daily attendance
- Monitor readiness for school by checking for uniforms, assignment book, homework and supplies
We frequently gather as a school in Town Hall to reinforce our school culture and values by celebrating our successes in academics, athletics, and other extracurricular activities. Town Halls are frequently a highlight of the week for both staff and students.
After school programming
DRW College Prep offers several programs after school to supplement the educational day of our students.
Teacher Office Hours: From 4:00 p.m through 5:00 p.m. our students can choose to attend office hours for individual teachers. Each teacher offers office hours at least twice per week and students can attend to receive additional instruction or help on specific assignments.
LaSalle: If a student does not complete their assigned homework and turn it in the day it is due, the student will receive LaSalle from his/her teacher that same day from 4:20 p.m.-5:20 p.m. LaSalle was created and implemented to reinforce that the student’s day is not over until everything due has been completed and if they have problems or questions on an assignment, they have the means to receive help.
Enrichment classes: Enrichment classes are offered throughout semester 1 and semester 2 and are usually non-traditional courses. These classes change semester to semester and students can gain enrichment credits through these classes, which are necessary for promotion from grade to grade. Many of our courses are taught by our partners at DRW Trading Group.
Sports: DRW offers different sports from fall to winter to spring. Practices and games are often held after school and students must be in good academic standing to participate.
- History and Campus Overview